Area Senior Centers
Seniors from Rutland may use either the Stoughton or Oregon Senior center facilities. Outreach services are provided through the Oregon Center.
|Oregon Senior Center||Rachel Brickner - Director||(608) 835-5801|
|Stoughton Area Senior Center||Cindy McGlynn - Director||(608) 873-8585|
Senior Center Newsletters
Rome Corners Reporters
Yahara Senior News
Local Senior Center Services
Two local senior centers provide services to Town of Rutland residents. Each Center has its own programming, and not all services are available at each Center, but some among the services provided are:
- Nutritious meals are available for home delivery or at the Senior Center. This is a donation based program.
- Case Management and Outreach staff connect seniors with resources, help manage challenging circumstances and answer questions.
- Transportation to and from the senior’s home for medical appointments, meals and the grocery store.
- Adult Day Programming for seniors at risk for social isolation (Oregon Area Senior Center).
- Support groups for a number of different concerns.
- Information, resources and support for caregivers.
- Medical equipment loan closets.
- Social and educational activities.
- Exercise classes, foot care and other wellness opportunities.
- Volunteer opportunities to keep seniors active and involved.
Please call any of the two Centers for more information about any of the services listed above, or with any questions relating to issues that touch the lives of seniors. The Centers and their phone numbers are:
- Oregon Area Senior Center 835-5801
- Stoughton Area Senior Center 608-873-8585