All owners of a dog five months of age or older must license that dog. Property owners are responsible for passing this information on to renters also. These licenses should be purchased before April 30th from:
1192 Starr School Rd
Stoughton, WI 53589
Phone: (608) 873-8781
If a dog is over five months of age, but not licensed until after April 30; a penalty of double the normal fee will be charged as a late fee including kennel licenses which double in cost after the April 30 deadline. Many residents apply for dog licenses when mailing their property tax payment. If the rabies vaccination is current, this works well. Please send a separate check for dog licenses.
Please send in the following items to Kim Sime at the address above:
- The completed application card. Request by email: email@example.com or call (608) 873-8781.
- A rabies vaccination certificate from a veterinarian within the past 3 years.
- A separate check.
- Male or Female dog is $22.00
- Neutered/Spayed dog is $17.00
- Kennel of 12 or fewer dogs $100.00
- $10.00 per dog in excess of the 12 in a kennel
If you are applying for a kennel license, please include your conditional use permit number, which allows a kennel operation. Without this permit, you must pay individually for each dog.
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope.